"How good are stuffed dates?! Sweet & salty, soft & chewy, crisp & crunchy = absolutely delish but . . . . When you add a layer of cool, crisp decadent & rich espresso infused dark chocolate you take them to a whole new level!!" - Em Swanston. We love her expressive recipe descriptions. This simple and dynamic recipe using 2die4 Live Foods Medjool Dates and Activated Almonds is irresistible!
5 "ingredients" + 10 mins in the making . . . .
- 16 large 2die4 Live Foods Medjool Dates, pit removed
- 1/2 cup of nut butter - You choose almond, cashew or macadamia using 2die4 Live Foods activated nuts
- 1 cup (or 16 squares) of dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of 2die4 Live Foods Alchemia Adaptogenic Coffee
- 16 2die4 Live Foods Activated Almonds
- Line a baking tray with non-stick paper - set aside
- Pit dates
- Stuff with nut butter & gently pinch to re-seal - they may not fully close because of all the dreamy nut butter - it's totally OK
- Place back on your lined baking sheet & pop in the freezer for 5 min. - this helps the filling "set" & makes it a little easier (aka slightly less messy) to coat
- Melt choc & 2die4 Live Foods Adaptogenic Coffee
- Use 2 forks to dip & coat your stuffed dates, place back on the baking tray .
- Top with a 2die4 Live Foods Activated Almond & drizzle with any remaining chocolate .
- Sprinkle with a pinch of flakey sea salt
If you don’t feel like dipping & coating, just stuff a chunk of dark choc (+ a pinch of flaky sea salt) in the date w/ the almond butter & have at it!
Thank you to the wonderful Emma Swanston @emsswanston
SHOP THE INGREDIENTS HERE