To showcase our new Organic Activated Macadamias, we are excited to share with you the recipe for these Crunchy Macadamia Coconut Choc Cookies. (try and say that 5 times in a row)
Crispy edges with soft centers, sweet coconut, big chucks of macadamias and slithers of dark chocolate. Which begs the question, why would you make any other cookie?!
Cook time: 13 Minutes Prep Time: 2 Hours
Yeild: Makes 30 Cookies*
2 Cups (265g) Plain Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
170g Unsalted Butter (softened)
3/4 cup Organic Coconut Sugar
1 Egg + 1 Egg Yolk
1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1 Cup (80g) Organic Coconut Flakes
90g Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
90g Dark Chocolate
Flaky Sea Salt (for topping only)
Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the melted butter, sugar, egg & vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Make a well in the dry mix and pour in and mix until everything is completely combined. Fold in the dark chocolate, coconut & macadamias.
- Turn out mix onto cling fling, wrap and chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 mins, up to 3 days. If chilling longer than 2 hours, allow to sit at room temperature for at least 30 mins before shaping and baking.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius. Line baking tray with baking paper or silicone baking mats. Set Aside.
- Shape cookie dough into balls (about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough per cookie) Sprinkle a little flaky sea salt and bake for 12-13 minutes until lightly browned.
- While cookies are baking, melt the rest of dark chocolate over double boiler, or in a microwave in 15 second increments, stopping and stirring after each until completely smooth.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Drizzle melted dark chocolate over cookies, allow chocolate to set (30 mins)