To showcase our new Organic Activated Macadamias, we are excited to share with you the recipe for these Crunchy Macadamia Coconut Choc Cookies. (try and say that 5 times in a row)
Crispy edges with soft centers, sweet coconut, big chucks of macadamias and slithers of dark chocolate. Which begs the question, why would you make any other cookie?!
Cook time: 13 Minutes Prep Time: 2 Hours
Yeild: Makes 30 Cookies*
2 Cups (265g) Plain Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
170g Unsalted Butter (softened)
1 Egg + 1 Egg Yolk
1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
90g Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
90g Dark Chocolate
Flaky Sea Salt (for topping only)
Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the melted butter, sugar, egg & vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Make a well in the dry mix and pour in and mix until everything is completely combined. Fold in the dark chocolate, coconut & macadamias.
- Turn out mix onto cling fling, wrap and chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 mins, up to 3 days. If chilling longer than 2 hours, allow to sit at room temperature for at least 30 mins before shaping and baking.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius. Line baking tray with baking paper or silicone baking mats. Set Aside.
- Shape cookie dough into balls (about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough per cookie) Sprinkle a little flaky sea salt and bake for 12-13 minutes until lightly browned.
- While cookies are baking, melt the rest of dark chocolate over double boiler, or in a microwave in 15 second increments, stopping and stirring after each until completely smooth.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Drizzle melted dark chocolate over cookies, allow chocolate to set (30 mins)
Grab the ingredients for this simple, Trio Coconut Chia recipe and make it at home. Click the links below to shop via our online store: