This is the banana bread recipe you will stick with. Soft, moist & full of flavour. With the added nutrition of stabilised rolled oats for sustainable energy to get you through the day. Smear some nut butter or yoghurt and enjoy for breakfast, or midday snack. You will thank us later! Don’t forget to tag: @2die4livefoods when you try out this amazing Oat & Walnut Banana Bread recipe for yourself.
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup 2die4 Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup Milk (Cow, Nut - anything works)
2 Free-Range eggs
2 Cups Mashed Bananas (about 4) + 1 Banana cut in half.
1 Cups Plain Flour
1 Cup 2die4 Stabilised Oats
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Bicarbonate Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon 2die4 Cinnamon
1/5 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- Preheat over to 180 degrees and grease your banana bread tin, and line with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, coconut oil, milk and eggs. Mix until combined and then stir in the mashed banana.
- In another bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until JUST combined. Be careful to not over mix here, we don’t want a rock hard banana bread.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin, place your halved bananas on top. Transfer to the oven and bake for around 50-60 minutes until a skewer comes out clean and the loaf is golden.
- Let the loaf cool for 10-20 minutes before removing from tin. Allow to cool completely before cutting.